Feb. 28th, 2006

I will never, ever understand the meaning of the lyrics for Modern English's "I Melt with You".
I will never, ever understand why it ever became popular or anthemic.
I will never, ever understand why people are still drawn to it like a bug to a zapper.
I will never, ever understand why 4AD, legendary for intrepid artists, signed them in the first place. They're neither intrepid nor artistic.
I will never, ever understand why they re-recorded the song verbatim eight years later in 1990, making it indistinguishable to about 93% of listeners (I'm in the other 7%). That's imaginative.
I will never, ever understand wtf "You've seen the difference, and it's getting better all the time" is supposed to mean. Less domestic violence? Learning how to toilet train?


(Actually, I do understand why they re-recorded. I just don't understand why.)

January 2011

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
1617 1819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 20th, 2017 04:39 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios